I have some serious catching up to do. This little blog is supposed to act as my journal, I'm not doing so hot at keeping up with it. The main problem is my computer has been invaded by some nasty virus and it's been in the process of getting fixed for like a month now. I think it may be a lost cause. The second issue would be that it's summer and I spend my days entertaining and cleaning up after the kids. By the time Seth gets home I haven't a creative thought left in my head. So no blogging. Oh and the fact that I'm just not good at keeping up with things like that.
I'll just highlight the past month to get myself caught up.
Kimball has spent the month either as happy as a clam (not sure what that saying means but you get my point) OR in timeout screaming that she never gets anything she wants and this is "the worst day ever." Interestingly enough "the worst day ever" can happen multiple times in the same day AND can occur on the same day that she proclaims this to be "the best summer ever." Go figure. I hope it's a phase and that the start of preschool will bring a little more sanity back in to all our lives.
McKay spends each day mothering all of us. That of course can be good and bad. As you might guess there are times when Kimball has no desire to be mothered, not by me and certainly not by her big sister.
Both girls are swimming like fish. (let's see how many cliche phrases I can fit into one post.) They are in Level 3 lessons right now and absolutely loving their 2 (male) swim teachers. Lessons are at 12:15 which gets a little hot but Luc and I spend the 45 minutes dousing each other with a quickly melting frozen water bottle.
Luc is talking more and more. I am nearly convinced that he won't need speech therapy but the jury's still out on that one. (cliche phrase #3) I need to potty train him but have decided to wait until the girls go back to school. (that's really just an excuse not to start yet)
I had my 34th birthday a couple weeks ago and continue to be completely unfazed by birthdays. My thought on the whole thing is "we all have them so what's the big deal." When I turn 40 I may have a different outlook on it but for now I just enjoy getting gifts and eating cake. And I totally scored this year, new clothes, new shoes, an ipod touch, opi nail polish, and the best birthday cake I've ever tasted. I ate the cake for the next three breakfasts and lunches. I had my cake and ate it too. (#4)
Seth is working like a dog (#5). He has been home most of the summer but his travels will start up again in a couple weeks. We'll miss him and appreciate him more when he's home. He really is an amazing father and husband. I swear some days he does more around the house than I do. I am spoiled.
For those of you who have stuck around this long a special little announcement. No not that. We are 90% sure we are getting a foreign exchange student in a couple weeks. We are so excited to have a teenager in the house for 4 months and then send him home to his own parents. More to come on that little endeavour.
7 comments:
Sounds like a great summer! I love what different personalities your kids have. I hope your birthday was fantastic Neese. Love you.
Wonderful to hear from your camp. Glad you are surviving summer under the ceiling fan. I'm sure Luc will enjoy having time to himself when the girls are off to school. Oh, and I LOVED turning 40, it was liberating. I hated turning 30. You're only as old as you feel, somedays it is 60, some days it is 20.
haha - I love to hear Paula's words of wisdom.
thanks for the update, I'd been wondering what happened to you, loved the acknowledged cliches.
Seriously, are Aaron and Kimball the same person? My day just got a lot better knowing someone else's kid screams "I never get what I want" when he/she just got what they wanted all day long. Seriously wishing November weren't so far away!
I stuck around! Entertaining post, & I liked your cliches.
Taya does remind me of McKay.
... Exchange student huh? Adventuresome! We had a few while I was growing up - I liked it. We still like to quote a French guy, Stephen, who stayed with us and always said 'very niiice, very niiiice' in his French accent. And our swiss exchange student always sent us the BEST chocolate after going back home.
If you're in the area, come by and see our new little Dyllan - she'd love it ;) I still think of you guys a lot - and was glad to see you recently!
Oh yeah, and Happy Birthday belated!!! Glad it was a good one :)
You brave brave souls (to let a teenager in the house before McKay is of age ;) haha) I'm avoiding all teenagerness until I really have to face the music ;) haha
Happy Belated Birthday...Seriously, if it's ANY Consolation, you do not look your age at all!!!! I still think you look like your'e in your 20s!! :)
Post a Comment