Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summer Lovin'

Today we left the house at 9am and came home at 4pm.

My legs are sore and my feet hurt.

We went to the summer movie, Tale of Despereaux. Not my favorite but the kids liked it.

Then we were off to swim lessons. The girls are working on "chicken, airplane, rocket." If I knew my swim strokes I'd tell you what that is but I don't. All I know is it was hilarious to watch. Luc ran around like a maniac and he was a sweaty little mess when we left.

We had lunch with Seth and a friend of his from high school. Usually In-n-Out is a safe bet with the kids but they were a little wound up today. I'm pretty sure our 3 children convinced Seth's friend that his one 3 month old little angel of a daughter is all he needs or wants. Oddly enough even with all the craziness and madness I still want more.

From there we went shopping. Killian (our exchange student) will be here in just 2 weeks and we really need to get his room ready. After 4 stores I have realized college girls must care more about what they're dorm rooms look like than boys. All those perfect little "Bed in a Bag" sets are girly. There are 8 girly ones for every 1 boy one. I'll keep looking.

We came home and crashed. Then I went back out and returned the one major purchase I had made. An area rug for the living room. It was WAY too big.

We finished off the night watching the kids ride bikes in the front yard. It was really nice out. I don't want to jinx this summer weather and while I know it's been a bit humid here, at least we have yet to see 115+ temps. This week it's only been in the low 100's. That I can handle.

Now I'm watching Food Network. Seth is off playing basketball. I'm getting hungry and Seth's off exercising. That pretty much sums up the two of us.

20 days left of summer. Let's count it down together.


2 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh Denise, I miss you guys. Please come live here! Please? Preferably right next door!

Breanne said...

Ikea! (and then a stop at Breanne's house) ... I've wished many times that I had access to Ikea back in the dorm room hunting days ...

Paul's playing basketball too right now & I'm sittin at home too (not that I do much else currently with a newborn in tow, but I'm enjoying it).

I think you deserve to relax at night with a full day in the heat with 3 kids & activities - that's draining! Enjoy your chillaxin :)