I'm about to walk out the door to go to the gym and I am kind of sort of a little bit committed to running three miles today. Self-motivation is NOT one of my strong suits. So with this little post I may (or may not) be more committed to actually running all three miles. I'll let you know how that goes. (or doesn't go.)
* And for those of you who are thinking "3 miles, what's the big deal?" Well it is a big deal. I am not a runner. I'm really bad at it. I do nothing but think of the fact that I'm running the whole time which makes it seems like an eternity. So cut me some slack, ok!
**UPDATE** Just in case you were all sitting around waiting to see if I did it, I DID! Just ask Rachel - she stood next to me (and probably got splattered with sweat) while i finished the last .03 miles. And I think I have officially decided to run a half-marathon in March. I think. Maybe.
6 comments:
I think running 3 miles at the gym is amazing. My limit on the treadmill is 2. I just get totally bored.
Go Denise go!
You can do it! Good luck!
i am proud to have witnessed the momentous occasion!
AWESOME JOB! I too am contemplating the 1/2 marathon. Amazing what accomplishing 3 miles helps you believe you can do. I say go for it! Take pictures I'll be checking back in.
Okay, so ME TOO!! I used to be okay with running...then I got married and had kids. Something got messed up with all of that..because I do sit there and watch each .1 mile tick away! haha Plus, I can't even run on a treadmill--so you have me there! I always fall off at least once or twice before the run is over! So not cool! But way to go and Congrats on DOING it!!!!! Actions speak louder than words!! :)
If, while running, you are getting bored then your [movie/book on tape/tv show/ipod] needs some work.
If, while running, you are in pain, then you are running too far and/or too fast.
Post a Comment