Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pleading for Prayers


My 8 month old nephew Emmett is in the ICU in a Seattle hospital and we could use all the extra prayers we can get. He's been diagnosed with Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis. Which, as best I can understand, is a neurological disorder a lot like MS except that it is just a one time occurrence rather than a chronic disease. He has been in the hospital since Monday. He was nearly comotose for the first two day and then spent the past 20-24 hours without sleeping or being able to keep any food down. They just found out he had been having seizures for 20+ hours, thus the inability to sleep.


I can't even begin to tell you how heart-breaking it is to talk to my sister and hear how helpless she feels. She is so strong but I'm sure she is feeling like she's ready to break down at any moment.. Emmett is the youngest of 5 and they are three and half hours from home right now so you can imagine how hard it is on her family.


Anyway, just keep him in your prayers. He has a long road ahead of him and his poor little body is just exhausted I'm sure.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Oh Denise that breaks my heart. Please let Dani know their family is in our prayers.

Breanne said...

Wow. I can't imagine.
That must be so, so hard for your sister and her family.
We will pray for Emmett. I pray that your sister and all of your family can find the full strength of the Lord to help you through.

Hall Family said...

I can't imagine either! Praying for the best!