I've been a bit of a negative-pants lately so I thought I should try and make up for by posting a few happy thoughts.
Our cute little house makes me very happy
The new color of my bathroom... It took a couple tries to get it right but now it's perfect.
My lime tree. I love limes. Mmmm. So yummy. But I do need some pruning tips, a few of the large branches are dying or dead. Do I just cut them off? Where do I cut them? Are they dying because I did something wrong?
Rain. Nothing like a few years in AZ to make you absolutely love the rain. And look at their faces... it might as well be raining lemon drops and gum drops...
And what's better than being able to laugh at your brother. So here's one to make you feel a little better about something stupid you've done lately. (I'm not calling my brother stupid, he's actually very smart, just not at the moment caught here.)
5 comments:
ok BJ's not so smart moment kills me. oh wow!
I thought all Washingtonians had to learn to prune as part of the K-12 curriculum!
Anyway, here are two good articles on making the tree look better, stop dying, and giving better fruit. (That is an apple tree, isn't it?)
http://extension.oregonstate.edu/catalog/html/pnw/pnw400/
http://extension.oregonstate.edu/catalog/html/ec/ec1005/
Oh, here's one more on what to do with the diseased parts of the tree:
http://extension.oregonstate.edu/catalog/pdf/ec/ec631.pdf
ouch! for brother!!! haha too! I thought I read Lima (like Lima bean--dont even know if its a tree) but thought why in the world would that be something to be happy about!?! haha LIMES makes more sense! hope you get it figured out...I have NO green thumb! I love sleeping children too! So innocent and quiet ;) haha!
Yeah, the house. It looks great and I love the bathroom, looks perfect with the shower curtain.
I took pictures of Brendon sleeping until he was 19 and left for his mission.
Prune the tree before it buds and after fruit. Cut the branch fairly close to where it connects and at an angle, if possible. If it is cut horizontal, it can get water staying on it and rot and become a weak place for bugs and disease.
Post a Comment