Monday, September 21, 2009

Gym Junky

My blog is so sad. I post a few consecutive times and then go 3 weeks with nothing. It's kind of my M.O. with most things.

I've started going to the gym. I love it. It's not really about the exercise. Mostly it's about "me time." There's child care which is what gets me there. Luc cried for the first 4-5 times but the last 2 times he's gone in just fine so now I can work out in peace.

I love watching people at the gym. My mother-in-law would hate that I do that. It's her whole reason for working out at home, she can't stand thinking that somebody might be watching her exercise. To which I always respond "nobody is watching you, they're there to workout not to watch you work out." (Unless of course you're at the gym at the same time as me.) But I'm not watching them workout really just noticing them. Last week there was a "Latin style" aerobics class going on while I was on the treadmill and there was one lady just doing her own thing. She was staring at herself in the mirror and making these sexy faces. I very nearly laughed out loud, but I didn't, for fear someone might start watching me. Most days there's a "silver sneakers" class while I'm there. Which is super entertaining. I think there's some sort of age limit, no one under, say 70. My favorite thing about these sweet little seniors is their outfits. Some are dressed like 20 year old trainers, spandex and all. Others look like they just finished up at the beauty salon where "Thelma" set their hair and used half a can of aquanet. There's one lady that seems to be a "regular" in the class and she works out with her little portable oxygen tank!!! She's my hero. Heaven knows if I had an oxygen tank that would be excuse enough to sit home and knit.

Oh and I do workout while I'm at the gym too.

So tomorrow I will tell you all about our "kindergarten woes" and ask for oodles of advice on how to deal with my overly-tired, stressed out 5 year old. I know, you can hardly wait, such excitement on the AveyFamily Blog!

5 comments:

The Lewis's said...

well now i know not to go to the gym when you're there denise!

Bianca said...

Wow. If it weren't illegal, I'd tell you to post a picture. But I don't want you to get caught taking pix at the gym with your camera phone. (I dare you)

paula said...

Still waiting for pictures of your house. Always good to hear from you and your sweet family.

The Higham Family said...

Tyson and his dad people watch at the gym too...they come home with some hilarious stories- mostly about the crazy outfits certain "larger" men are wearing but shouldn't be.

Erin said...

Way too funny! Loved it! :)