This is one of our favorite meals so I thought I'd share. It's not really a hamburger, don't be fooled by the name. When we were first married Seth's mom gave me a family recipe book and this was one of the first recipes Seth requested. I was reluctant 'cause it just didn't sound appetizing. But they are SO good. Give it try. Seth doesn't even like onions or mushrooms and it's one of his favorites.
Hamburger Patties (4-6)
2 Cans of French Onion Soup
1 Can of Mushrooms (pieces and stems)
1 Loaf of French Bread
Brown the burgers with a little salt in a deep frying pan. Drain the grease. Add the soup and mushrooms (do not drain water from them). Let simmer for 30 minutes or so.
Slice and butter the bread and toast it in the oven on broil until golden brown.
And that's it. Let everyone serve themselves, my girls eat them separate but it really tastes best with the burgers on top the toast and the juices dripping down into it.
Enjoy.
** If mine turn out pretty enough tonight I'll snap a few pics.
1 comment:
UH yes, this SOUNDS YUMMYYY!!! The two things I crave the most as a crazy woman: onions and mushrooms!! LOVE THEM! We're going to have to try this! :) Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment