Just because I'm posting again doesn't mean you can ignore my bathroom post. Keep the ideas coming.
Now for my current predicament... We're going to Tucson on Friday to see my parents and siblings. We ALWAYS leave after Seth gets off work at around noon or 1pm. No traffic. We get to enjoy the evening with family. It's almost like an extra day. I just realized that McKay doesn't get home from school until 3:30!!! WHAT? This school thing is totally crimping my style.
9 comments:
bummer!
Just drive to the school on your way out of town and check her out early!! It is Kindergarten after all. Your reason? You have a family commitment. Have fun!!!
Yeah, can't you check her out early? Family emergency or something... you need to leave for Tucson, emergently!
Check the girl out! Just don't let it become a habit. She may start sleeping in and missing class altogether. Then she'll start staying up late because she slept in, she'll need to eat ice cream for a midnight snack.....oh wait, nevermind. :)
haha Sorry it's too funny. I was thinking the same thing...Life will never be the same anymore now that Makaya's "starting" school!
As an official mom who has checked her kids out early countless times for just such reasons and no harm has been done, I agree with the others.
As the awesome parents that you know we are, we have the following advice:
"Don't let your kids education interfere with your fun."
And you can quote me on that one. We pull our kids out of school every year for the 3 days before Thanksgiving because there is fun to be had. Perfect attendance is overrated.
I know I'm too late, but I agree. Check her out early, it's kindergarten, really how much can she be missing. Now if she was in jr high or high school, that would be different, but I think family is important and it won't hurt in the long run.
Post a Comment