Today was McKay's first day of kindergarten. She made it super easy on us. She was itchin' to go from the moment she got up and had her backpack on for at least 45 minutes before we left. She even asked me to french braid her hair (usually I have to beg her to let me.) She left us in the dust as we followed her to her classroom and barely kissed us on the way out. I was feeling pretty darn good. No tears. I had a hint of guilt, which I expressed to Seth, when I realized that she was the only one in her class riding the bus. I've had people hint at the fact that they think kindergarten is too young to ride the bus but with only one car it's really our best option.
Seth and I went to lunch and I was relishing the thought of taking to Kimball to preschool tomorrow, knowing I'll only have one child for a few hours a day - 3 days a week.
Then I went to pick up McKay from the bus stop. The bus came. And went. Without stopping. I quickly followed in my mother-in-law's car. And when the bus finally stopped at the next stop - no McKay. And that's when I lost it.
It's all better now. I found her. She was completely unfazed and after a couple hours of unrelenting guilt, it relented. And I am now ready to go to bed and dream about how wonderful tomorrow will be when I take McKay to the bus, then drop Kimball off at preschool. Just me and Luc. And hopefully my sweet little McKay will come home to me without any problems. I got over the guilt today but if she doesn't make it home on the right bus at the right time tomorrow, Seth will be riding his bike to work.
8 comments:
so what happened? did she just not get off? good thing you had your mother in law's car there!
wait. YOU LET YOUR KINDERGARTENER RIDE THE BUS?! kidding.
enjoy your 3 hour 3x a week break - lucky!
Good luck Denise! There is no bus service to our school, but I'm sure I'd feel the same way you do.
Oh, how scary! I would have lost it too! :)
I can't even imagine how panicked you were! If James was able to ride the bus he would, but his school doesn't have a bus service :(
Okay, really confused when I saw "Nicki" posted a comment. Its a rare thing to find someone else who spells their name the same way.
Yes, I too, would like to know what happened. Did she get on the wrong bus? I'd be freaking out and in tears, most likey. Glad she is okay.
You survived the first day. Hurray!
Okay....so that did NOT help!!!!! Makaya is riding the bus...only because I feel like it's a step on the "Positive" side getting through her anxiety and mine (which I'm sure i have more of). I am soo stinkin' worried about what will happen when she makes it to the school, and then will she make it home alright...oh boy!
I'm SO glad McKay was eventually found and all that got cleared up. Here's hoping that a second day went much smoother! :)
Post a Comment