Monday, August 10, 2009

Say Cheese!

I have been in serious need of some motivation to drop a few pounds. Last week my sister called and said "let's see if we can take off 10 lbs in the next month." Done. I'm in. Mostly. But now of course I need to gripe about my weight loss woes.

First off, having a skinny/eat-like-a-12-year-old-at-scout-camp-and-never-gain-a-pound husband is not easy. I tend to resent his eating habits. I watch him eat 12 otter pops in as many minutes and jealousy and envy well up inside me. I don't even like otter pops. They would be one of the last things I chose to eat if I had his metabolism but obviously that's not the point. I just wish I could eat without having thoughts about how it will effect me. Ugh.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth so that's not the issue. My issue is fat. Yep good ol' thick and greasy lard. I love lard. Ok that sounds a little gross but it's the truth. I would eat a block of cheese in one sitting if I could. And doesn't cheese make everything taste better? I'm pretty sure I could top off 90% of my meals with a nice slice of cheese and it would make it all that much better. Mmmmm. I love cheese.

So that brings me to exercise, or the lack there of. I am not a fan. I was really pretty active when I was younger but I don't love running and I abhor getting up any earlier than I have to, so those two "qualities" don't add up to me burning any extra calories. I really want a gym membership, mostly because I can appreciate the value of exercising if that means I get to drop the kids in the kidcare for an hour, for that I will exercise.

Regardless of my complaints, I do know that I need to get my butt in gear. Does this sound familiar? I'm pretty sure I could have pulled up a number of past posts and just re-posted one of them. C'est la vie. Here we go again.

7 comments:

The Lewis's said...

i signed up at bally's under dana account which already had kid's care, so my membership got it by default, and let me tell you- this is the first time in my life i have ever been consistent at exercise. not that i've lost weight, but at least now i can actually do more than 1 situp!

Anonymous said...

yea join bally's with us! i have about 10 lbs to lose too!

Hall Family said...

You and I have a lot in common. Our eating habits and lack of excercise willpower and the overall attitude towards it all especially for those who can eat whatever they want and still fit in their jeans they bought 6 months ago....
You would have thought for 5 months with no car and having to walk everywhere and usually equalling about 5 miles+ a week in walking, I'd have no trouble with any of this...but I guess those stupid english biscuits didn't help. And Unfortunately for me, I have to get on the ball because I have about 6 weeks to complete this excercise/get your life back on track program for some Insurance discount. (happens every year...yippee for me because this is what I have to look forward to every year, about when I've already ditched my "program") haha Anyway, I'm sure you can do it (actually I'm hoping that will motivate you and in return will motivate me). So I'm backing your sis! Let's Get Moving!!! :)

Elise said...

I am in the same boat that you are! I need to lose 10 pounds before the end of this month because we are having family pictures done and Blake is turning 1. I will no longer be able to say I just had a baby! AHH! Anyway I am the same... cheese goes good with everything! So I have been eating lean cuisines and fruit and lots of water. So far two pounds down and 8 more to go. The gym membership is great especially with the kids. Good luck! You can do it!!

glenna said...

Ditto to everything (especially the high metabolism husband) except I add a sweet tooth and wonder why I can not lose those extra pounds. Thanks for helping me not feel alone in my need to get my butt in gear!!

Bj said...

Amen Sista!! Viva La Fromage!!

Larry and Karri said...

I know how you feel - I'm married to a guy like that too! Used to drive me crazy until I finally accepted that that's just life for me. Good luck w/ the 10 lbs though. :)