Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What to do, what to do?

I have a trillion thoughts going through my head right now and probably 2 billion things I should be doing other than this but I'm sick... (cough, cough, cough) so I have an excuse not to be doing them, right? So let me declutter my head a bit then maybe I'll have the strength to throw in some laundry or clean up the toilet paper that Luc has so nicely torn up all over the house.

  • I want/need to make a quilt for our bed. We haven't had one in a long time, we just throw Seth's old quilt from high school on there and it looks like we're homeless but we're not so I can't really complain. Anyway, I want to make a quilt but I want it to be super simple and non-time consuming but turn out absolutely beautiful. Is that possible?

  • Speaking of beds, we bought new sheets this last week. Ikea had an awesome sale 400 count 4 piece sheet set for $9.99! I feel like a queen. I think the sheets we had are like 10 count.

  • Kimball told Seth she was fat the other day. It broke my heart. She's not fat. And she's 3!! I think I might focus on my own self-image issues a bit more than I should, especially in front of them. No 3 year old should even be thinking about weight let alone think she looks fat. Ugh. One more thing to try to be better at.

  • $13 a week? Seriously? How in the heck am I supposed to stimulate the economy with $13 a week? Hmmm, wait I'm thinking 13x4=52. That's one nice pair of shoes a month. Hey I guess I can try and do my part.

  • Octuplets... by choice? I'm not even going to get into the debate of should or shouldn't she have, I'm just saying 3 is more than I can handle most days and 2 of them are potty trained. I'm losing my mind just thinking about it.

Ok that's only about a tenth of it but no Luc needs a nap and his room doubles as the office. Which reminds me of one more thing... I found a house I really like and want to buy, what are the chances it will still be on the market in 4-5 months??? I can always hope.

9 comments:

Jenna said...

Beware: Once you have experienced the beauty that is high thread count sheets, there is NO GOING BACK! You will now be spending that $13 a week on more sets in higher and higher thread counts. Don't say I didn't warn you...

Oh and there is no way Seth's blanket looks as homeless as Carl's childhood blanket that currently resides on our bed instead of a quilt. It has poop brown, pea green, mustard yellow and scary orange animals all over it. I think we win in the ugly department. It looks even more homeless now that we have a brand new beautiful bed and mattress. So pathetic!

Janalee said...

I'm rolling at the 10-count. I've never had anything nice-count so I guess I don't know what I'm missing. someday when I'm rich though (like you).

as for the quilt, can you sew a straight line? It would be fairly simple to just sew squares together of neat fabrics that you love. Then you could even tie it instead of quilting it. I could walk you through it when you're feeling ambitious.

and the fat thing, my girls used to say the same things at that age - couldn't believe it - and I never talked about being fat, yet somehow they picked it up somewhere.

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

Jenna's right - once you've had high thread count there's no going back. We've been buying 600+ thread count sheets from costco for a few years now & I have to make sure they're always clean so that I don't have to put on my lower thread count sheets (I'm a sheets snob, I know).

For our bed I just buy the bedding sets @ IKEA (really - I even had my mom fly to the one in Houston before we had one here in SL), you can get the 2 shams & a duvet cover for under $30 usually.

The Lewis's said...

that house better be in the ward! sorry to hear you're sick

Garretts said...

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but I thought it was $13 a pay check, which makes it only $26 a month!!! WOW isn't that exciting! (I could be wrong which makes your math calculations better.)

On the house business, it takes at least a month to get the paper work done anyway, so maybe you can even start giving an offer on it sooner. It might even be worth it to brake your lease earlier deppending on how good a deal you get (these are the excuses I usually use with Cory, might want to try them with Seth).

Denise said...

The house I found is in the ward, so start praying it's still around in a few months.

My understanding is that it's approximately $13 a week but I could be confused plus Seth gets paid weekly so maybe that's where I'm mixing it up. Either way I could get some new shoes... or food storage, that might be a smarter choice.

Jana- I have been brainstorming and I think I can do this, but I always start projects with high hopes, be prepared for a frantic phone call for help.

Hall Family said...

So sad I know: but I have no clue what our thread count is...except that it is much higher than we started out with...and whatever it is, I'm not going back either! (All I know is we bought them at Bed Bath and Beyond and payed a pretty penny for them) I'd like to trade our comforter in for something with color, but I guess I shouldn't complain when you're saying how yours is Seths' old blanket and your friend is saying how "ugly" hers is...(jenna) And what's with this $13 a week bit or whatever? Is this the stimulus package thingy...I guess I better catch up on American news...not that I'm all that up on British news...anything dealing with money confuses me....and I agree WHO WANTS 8 kids all the same age especially when i can't get 2 to get along...or pick up their toys or to eat the right foods or even 1 (YES ONE!) to eat breakfast!it must be lovely to have that mind set!...you know the potty training stage is sounding much better for Kason than to potty train 8 all at once....hmm...

Elise said...

I love a nice set of sheets! I guess I am spoiled because when I met Mitch he had nice sheets and now I am spoiled! I once made a blanket... it took a while. I am not as talented as most. Good Luck! I am sure you will do great!

XO said...

Ooh! If you're going to learn to quilt, please impart of your knowledge as you go! After seeing Jana's stacks of jean-squares, I'm starting to think "hey, maybe I could do one someday..."