I've been weighing out the likes and dislikes of being a stay-at-home mom, the likes, for me, far outweigh the dislikes. I feel blessed and privileged to be able to be at home with my monkeys. In an effort to remind myself of this honor I have a new little ritual. I have a tendency to think "man I will not miss... when they get older." So I have started following that up with something that I will miss. And it helps. Usually I come up with a list of things that I am dreading the absence of.
Here's this mornings will vs. won't:
Won't Miss: Whining. Whining about any and everything.
Will Miss: Them wanting to be at my side. Sometimes right now this feels like a "won't" but I know the day will come when they would rather be somewhere other than by my side and that makes me sad. 3 little monsters begging for my undivided attention can seem overwhelming but I will definitely miss it when they figure out that being with their friends is way cooler than staying home with mom.
7 comments:
Won't miss Luc waking up at 4:00 or 5:00 needing to be held. Will miss this exact same thing when he's a teenager and I need to kick him out of bed to go to seminary.
This one made me cry probably the harmones of pregnancy :) but I agree I will miss the little one hanging and wanting to be with me all of the time!!
that is hormones sorry
Good post.
I know there will be A LOT of things we will all miss about our lil' ones.
(But it's okay to prefer them not whining and stuff like that too)
Everyone always said how great it was when their kids started school. I personally hate it. I like my kids home with me and I LOVE summer vacation! And next year Summer starts kindergarten. I'm very bummed about that.
I agree whole heartedly...there's plenty that I know will miss but yet there are those I won't miss...but you're right...those I miss will far outweigh those that I won't.
Good idea - I need practice looking for the positive side!
Post a Comment