Monday, December 15, 2008

Fa La La La La

I love Christmas time. People are so kind. I had dreams of a nice long post on all the things I love about it but the kids are sick, I am sick, Seth's birthday is in two days and I still can't figure out what to get him, I have 48 frosting roses to make by Friday and I just want to sleep all day.

So I'll just say I love how people decide for a few short weeks to be the way we should be all year long. Today in one outing I had two different people take my shopping carts back for me, one kind lady hand me some toilet paper when I discovered that Luc was more than just wet (of course I left the wipes in the car) in the Walmart bathroom and one very helpful lady stand with McKay and Luc while I carried (shoeless) Kimball into the bathroom at Frys. I didn't ask any of these people to help me. Granted, I look pretty pitiful when trying to handle the three kids by myself but I appreciate the pity and for some reason during this time of the year it just feels like pure, selfless, acts of kindness.

PS. Any ideas on a great birthday gift for a perfectly wonderful husband who isn't asking for anything specific???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well he loves to read, right?

Sarah Bisel said...

a trip to Tucson? ha ha ha. Maybe a great date night? A bowl game ticket?

Hall Family said...

I'm so behind!! I hope you feel better!!! And I hope that you've figured something out for Seth! I'm having the worst problem with Alan! haha (except Christmas)

Melquiades said...

Argyle socks, you can never have too many argyle socks

paula said...

Okay I'm way behind. Hope Seth's bday was great. I love what you said about people acting the way they should always act.
As for your previous post:
Kids still get croop, I get the croop and call it laryngitis. Some home croop remedies:
Bundle him up and take him out in the cold night air, it helps his airways to constrict so that he can breath easier.
THey used to have these things called Vicks Vapor patches that you could peel and stick to their chest at night to help them sleep. I don't know if they still make them but they were WONDERFUL. I used them with Jordon and they worked great. Merry Christmas.