Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Dragging


Luc has Croup... Now honestly how many of you actually knew that babies still get croup? First off I thought it was just a name that moms give to a certain type of cough and second I haven't heard of a baby getting it since I was a kid and my mom talked about so and so's baby having croup. It's a viral infection in the voice box which leads to constricted airways and makes breathing very difficult. And it stinks. Luckily we took him in yesterday and he got a steroid shot to help the cough and antibiotics for the oncoming ear infection. Now I just need an IV drip of caffeine to get me through the days after 2 nights in a row of up every 45 minutes.


You're allowed to feel sorry for me and tell me what a wonderful mom I am for caring for my sick little angel. Luc will be just fine. Don't you know this is really about me. Come on. Give me some love.

7 comments:

Amy said...

I"m so sorry. Lack of sleep is not fun and I don't handle it well. Hope he is well soon. Hang in there!

Jenna said...

I actually hear more about croup than the average person seeing as how my parents have been/are both respiratory therapists--my dad is at Primary Children's Hospital. But back to the real point-- there is nothing worse than no sleep and I hope Luc gets better soon.

XO said...

I had no idea that croup was real outside of Anne of Green Gables.

I'm so sorry for the lack of sleep. I will hereby stop feeling sorry for myself, you've got it much worse. There - is that enough love for you?

Erin said...

I totally feel for you. I had two kids this weekend sick with croup. Way fun!!! Once they get the steriod shot, it's much, much better. I'm still hoping that Hunter doesn't get it.

I figured out that since Sarah got it when she was 1 yr. old, I've had at least one kid get it every winter. Here's to the fourth winter and two kids getting it at once! :)

Sarah said...

Jake got croup at least once a month when he was a baby. (Along with ear infections!) What a nightmare. I'm so sorry Luc has it too. I'm just grateful they have steroids now. Can you imagine how horrible it would be without them? Hang in there. Jake's 7 and he hasn't had a really bad bout with croup for 7 months or so! :)

Anonymous said...

i also thought it wasn't "real" hope he is doing better!

Hall Family said...

I'm really really sorry about Luc having croup, I hope he's feeling better!! The lack of sleep, I am completely feeling it, so I am really sorry!!!