Tuesday, January 8, 2008

OATMEAL

My kids have figured me out. I cannot and for some unknown reason will not deny them oatmeal. I don't like oatmeal. The texture is more than I can handle and it doesn't taste all that good either. But at some point I started making it for McKay thinking that I was a really good mother for feeding my child this wonderfully nutritious meal that can be nuked (yes I got a microwave and survived the 3 weeks without one.) So I apparently have been convinced by all the "oatmeal propaganda" that it's a miracle food. The problem is the girls now know that they can ask me for oatmeal at any time of day (or night) and I will run to the pantry like a good little servant. They have now resorted to asking for cereal first in the mornings and then when they're done and I've just finished cleaning up the mess (I know you wouldn't think cereal could make a mess but my girls have mess making down to a science) then they say mom can we have oatmeal? I have no control over myself. I have to make it for them. It makes me feel like a good mother, one who feeds their children all natural organic foods. Did I mention I buy the generic artificially sweetened instant oatmeal?

6 comments:

Bianca said...

I like oatmeal. Not b/c of how it tastes, but for the same reasons you make it for your girls. Somehow like I'm doing something GOOD for my body.

Janalee said...

Here in these parts we have oats every morn(usually old-fashioned or steel-cut.I mix in flaxseed meal and sometimes wheat germ. It packs a nutritous punch.

Kim said...

I hate the texture of oatmeal too. And it's too bad, because Henry does too. I'm just laughing reading this because Henry and I just finished sharing 4 Oreos. Seriously. You're looking like an awesome mom right now.

Melquiades said...

Yeah, my ex dreads Mondays when I take the kids back to her because they have spent the weekend with me pigging out on chips and soda--
I know I am an awful parent :(

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Lynette said...

Oh my gosh! I was so self absorbed today...freaking out about my talk. I TOTALLY forgot to say goodbye to you:( I feel like such a jerk! And, Im really going to miss you guys!!! Really. I guess I always have your blog....but its just not the same!:)