Monday, January 21, 2008

Embarrassing Moment of the Week

We went for a little walk today to get out of the apartment. We went over to Target and walked around for probably 40 minutes (which consisted of 3 trips to the bathroom, nothing like going out with a 3 yr old and a prego!)

So we checked out (2 boxes of animal crackers and a snickers bar), and headed across the street to Bed Bath and Beyond for a little more window shopping.

As we walked up to the entrance I realized Kimball was playing with a little 99 cent toy that of course we hadn't paid for. (Here comes my big mistake... ) I said out loud "oh shoot we stole that toy from Target!" Then I instantly forget about it, I wasn't about to go back across the street, I figured I'd take it back next time I go in the car. Skip ahead 10 minutes, we're walking down an isle in Bed Bath and Beyond and a nice lady says hi to McKay... McKay responds "hi, we just stole this toy from Target!"

The best part was me trying to quickly explain that we really didn't steal it and that we were going to return it as soon as possible. Life lesson 345 -- Never say anything out loud that you don't want your 3 year old to repeat!

8 comments:

Breanne said...

Wow - that is really funny. You crack me up you thief!

;) ;)

Anonymous said...

Hillarious! Thanks for sharing. That is so great.

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

That is so funny!

Shannon said...

How many times a week does you face turn red? Funny when it's not happening to you though.

Denise said...

I think I'm beyond blushing at this point. What I didn't mention in the story was that ten minutes later we're on the other side of the store and I'm standing next to another lady looking at something and I notice Kimball has wondered, I said "Kimball where are you? Come back by mommy." To which Kimball (who is a very private person in certain situations) responds "mommy leave me alone, I'm pooping"

Aren't they just sweet?

Bianca said...

Too FUNNY. Can't WAIT 'till James can talk. A friend of mine had a little boy. He was in the cart at the grocery store and as they were checking out the cashier said, "Oh, what a cute little boy." He then retorted, "Do you want to have sex?" Talk about embarrassing....

Janalee said...

I'm still stuck on the part where you walked all the way to Target and BB&B. I could barely walk to the next room during my last month.

The Higham Family said...

oh man im crying right now from laughing so hard! i think im ok with jeffrey still doing baby talk....