Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Six Things You Might Not Know About Me....

After no blogging for weeks I've been tagged.... and my adoring fans are asking for entertainment (Breanne and Lynette must have had a slow week) so I'll do my best. This could be interesting. I feel like I'm pretty much an open book, so coming up with something interesting could be difficult.... but I will try.

  • Seth was the first white guy I dated after my mission (4 years).... I had the Latin bug I guess. I dated a Venezuelan, an Ecuadorian, a Mexican and a Puerto Rican guy. Everyone was shocked when I started dating Seth. I had dreamed of beautiful little brown babies with perfect complexions (see Janalee's blog for pics of the children I dreamed of.)

  • I attended 4 different colleges. I started at Ricks College (can't get myself to call it BYU....) where I got my Associates Degree, then made a rash decision to attend Washington State University with a couple of high school friends. I was there for one year and then went on my mission. When I got back I some how let my parents convince me to go to BYU for a summer term, I'm still shamed as I think of it. I hated Provo, detested BYU and spent a year working so I could get residency and head north to University of Utah, which I loved. That's where Seth and I met so it was definitely the right place for me.



  • I was a cheerleader in high school. Not only was I a cheerleader but I was passionate about it. I loved cheering. Partly because I love sports and it put me right there on the sidelines and partly because I loved the spotlight. I'm not exactly shy now but I am much more timid than I was then.



  • My dream in life is to travel the world. I haven't been very much of anywhere yet but I have big plans for retirement! I want to travel the world. I even have a month long RV trip planned across the United States. First I have to convince Seth of this. He says its not the way he plans on spending his retirement but I think it would be fun.

  • Hmmm this is getting hard, I don't know if I have anything interesting left to tell. Oh here's a good one, I didn't get my driver's license until I was 18 because I was too lazy to take driver's ed in high school (they didn't actually offer it at my high school, you had to pay for it and you had to take it before school, after school or in the summer... none of which fit my social calendar.) Ok so that's not such a big deal but like I just said I never took driver's ed so when I went to take my driving test in the two weeks between my first summer term and fall semester at Ricks I apparently didn't know all (or most) of the important rules about driving. I failed, not by much but I failed. Still not that big of a deal since lots of people fail their driving test the first time... here's the great part.... I cried to the lady administering the test and told her I had to get my license 'cause I was leaving to go back to college and I wouldn't be able to take it again before I left. So she gave in, fudged my score, and gave me my license even though I didn't really pass!


  • Last thing you might not know, right now at this moment I should be working... I have a stack of work that would last me for weeks and the girls are both sleeping (and maybe Seth too) and I should really get to it. But I'd rather blog. So that's it.


3 comments:

Kim said...

Denise - I'm so glad that you accepted the tag challenge :) It's so fun to learn more about you - or remember things I'd forgotten (cheerleading). Seth is definitely a white guy - kind of the other side of the spectrum :) But he's so great. Okay, I'm rambling...

Anonymous said...

El hecho de que te gustaban los latinos hubiera sido bueno saber hace como 10 aƱos. Y bueno, ¿que se puede hacer ahora, eh?

Anonymous said...

Earlier I thought differently, many thanks for the help in this question.