Monday, September 10, 2007

Confessions of a Professional Procrastonator


I have a little secret. I'm not going to call it a lie, I'm not prepared to confess to that "degree." I finished taking classes at the University of Utah 5 years ago. I applied for graduation and then realized that I owed some money for tuition that I assumed that my student loans and grants had paid for. So I had to get it paid off in order to graduate. This is all right around the time I met Seth. So money that I should have used to pay off my tuition I used to pay for a wedding, then a baby, then another baby, then life in general. So all this time I have had all the requirements to be a college grad I've been an "almost" college grad. The sad thing is its been over two years since we got the whole tuition thing taken care of and I still hadn't taken care of it. Thank goodness for a nagging husband who wouldn't let it go. I AM NOW A COLLEGE GRADUATE!!!! Yippeeeee! Go Utes!

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Wow! Yay!! Congrats!!

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

Ha Ha That's funny! Congrats on finally being graduated!

Breanne said...

Doesn't that feel good? I had a pretty delayed graduation too ... it just hangs over you until finally one day you can say 'I'm a graduate' - and you don't have to follow it up with 'well, not technically ... blah blah blah'

Congrats!

Marie said...

Denise, What is your degree in?

Marie said...

Denise, What is your degree in?

Denise said...

I have a BA in Spanish with a minor in Chicano Studies, hopefully someday when the kids are in school I will be able to go back and get my teaching certificate.