Friday, January 10, 2014

Journal Entry #1 (01/10/13)

Trying something new this year.  Just going to do regular old journal entries because that's really why I blog.   So if it's too personal I'll keep it private (i'm sure there's a way to do that, right?) otherwise I'll just say it like it is.  Pretty much what I do anyway.

This year has started well.  Nothing too exciting, just feeling extremely blessed. Seth's job is about as close to perfect as one could hope.  We may  not be rich but he works a normal non-crazy-hours schedule and he can do the things most dads wish they could.  He is coaching (starting next week) both McKay & Kimball's soccer team and Luc's team.  It will keep us busy but I think its awesome that they get to have their dad coaching their team. And he is home all weekend.  I am super spoiled.

Jensen turned 1 this week.  He is such a good baby.  I wish he would stay little for longer. Pretty sure he is our caboose and it makes me sad that he is acting like a little toddler. I want to go back to snuggling him and lovin on him all day long but he wants to run around making messes and throwing stuff in the toilet.  Can't imagine why I want him to be a little baby still.

Seth is gone tonight.  He's on a "camp out" with the young men.  This is always a hard balance for me.  I want him home.  I need him. But deep down I know I don't need him nearly as much as some of these boys.  For several of the boys he is their only priesthood holding father figure.  We get him 95% of the time.  I need to be less selfish with that other 5%.

I got to go to the temple this morning.  I went all alone.  Which was a little weird for me but it was very... rejuvenating.  I love taking the time to just focus on the Lord and what He has asked me to do.  I feel like I really got some incredible inspiration today. Now I just need to act on it.  It always amazes me that even with all of that it's still a struggle to get there.  My goal this year is 2x a month.  Once with Seth, once on my own or with girlfriends.  

I think I'll try to read in bed and see if it puts me to sleep.  I hate going to bed without Seth.  He's my security blanket. 

He thinks he's so big!


No comments: