Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sugar Highs and Meltdowns


Last week was crazy. This week is right on track to battle last week's madness. 

I think I've decided that I don't like Halloween on a Thursday. It just stretches it all out too much. Starting the weekend before since apparently there is some law against celebrating anything Halloween after the 31st. The kids just finally finished all the candy from last weekend's festivities (and by finished I mean I threw away every piece I found and the last half of the bag after they left for school today). And in two days we get to do it all again which means another sugar-spike-and-crash filled weekend. 

I know, I know I should just take the candy away and slowly distribute over the months to come... But I'm not that mom. I'm the scarf it all down, make yourselves sick and be done with it in 2 days type of mom. 

This week I'll be battling it all mostly on my own. Seth has work meetings tonight, young men's activity tomorrow night and a scout camp out on Friday/Saturday. I promise to be grateful that he will be there for Halloween night. Hats off to single moms. I'm pretty sure I'd curl up in a ball and let life go on without me. You should see what the house looks like and what the kids eat on nights when Seth's not here. Or maybe you shouldn't. It's rather embarrassing. 

Ok done with the Halloween griping. All the candy wrappers and meltdowns aside, I do love to see my kids all dressed up and looking cute. Seth and I went to a costume party this year. We were not nearly as cute as our kids. I'm hoping that those pics have all been destroyed. 



No comments: