I think its time for a blog makeover. I have gotten lazy. Facebook and Instagram are so easy that I've kind of given up on my little blog and I am missing her. Writing is therapeutic for me. A kind of escape from my sometimes, brain-numbing life. (A life that I absolutely adore even if it doesn't "exercise" my intellect much.) And I was reminded recently that we should be keeping a journal. Earlier today while looking for an old picture I jumped on here and ended up reading a bunch of posts from 5+ years ago. There were things that I had completely forgotten about and I realized that there are probably a lot of things happening in our lives right now that 5 years from now I will have little or no recollection of... so here I go.
I am recommitting to keeping up with this, to taking a few minutes, a couple times a week, to just purge my brain a bit. And to document our lives.
I do not commit to catching up on all that I have missed.
I'll just give this one brief recap of the past 6 months.
We now have 5 children. And in case we ever were to forget that there are five of them, strangers regularly count them for us and then ask if they are really all ours.
The summer was long and hot. (We live in Phoenix. And I have 5 kids nine and under, thus the long part)
School is back in and now life is good as we are finally moving into fall (which the rest of the country would refer to as summer weather).
Football started this last week. My life is complete.
2 comments:
You're back! Maybe I"ll come back. It is true that you forget so much of what happened and then you read it and laugh and cry and remember why you blog.
I've gotten off the bandwagon too...and realized I needed to get back on. It's hard getting back on when you have the "past to catch up on". Good idea to not commit to it and just start fresh! :)
Post a Comment