**I started this a week ago and then decided I needed to put a picture with it but never found the picture and then life got busy, we went on a little 10 year anniversary trip and... So here it is.
Ten years ago this week I was getting ready to marry the (unlikely) man of my dreams. It was not love at first sight. I don't think either of us even considered the other a candidate. He wasn't really into "older" women and I had never dated a skinny blond guy. I was more into tall dark and beefy. But we became fast friends and ended up hanging out quite a bit. I had just finished at the University of Utah and he was just starting his second year. I was adamant that I would not be putting a husband through college and he was convinced he would not marry a sister return missionary. So he was a safe friend. One that I didn't have to try to impress or worry about what I said or how I acted. I was free to be me.
At the time I lived with 3 (sometimes more) roommates and one very big obnoxious and unruly boxer/ridgeback mix. (Seth is extremely allergic to dogs) Our place was normally a mess. I'm not sure how the friendship morphed into a relationship other than I mistakenly thought he was trying to hold my hand during a devotional and "let him" in turn scaring the heck out of him because apparently holding hands is more significant than even kissing (men are weird, how can holding someone's hand be more committal than making out? that makes no sense at all.) Anyway, he decided to give it a chance and for that I am ETERNALLY grateful.
It didn't take long before I knew that Seth was a good choice. I knew he would make me happy. I knew that when I prayed about whether or not I should marry him the answer was loud and clear. But I had no idea how blessed my life would be with him. He is the man of my dreams (dreams I didn't even realize were worth dreaming about at the time.) He has taught me so much. His example is inspiring and encouraging. He is quite literally the most amazing father and husband any girl could ever dream of. I am so incredibly grateful for him.
My mission president's wife told us that we should marry above ourselves. Marry a man that will take you to the celestial kingdom, kicking and screaming if necessary she would say. That is Seth. I am blessed in spite of my faults and because of his righteousness.
No comments:
Post a Comment