Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Moments...

In case any of you were wondering, life with 5 children is hard.

It's not all that much different than 3 or 4 but the logistics of it all gets a little trickier.  Like how do I get all the laundry done and the dishes washed and dinner made and nurse the baby and make sure the 20 month old isn't using the toilet lid as a dry erase board.  (also in case you were wondering, while toilet seats look a lot like a dry erase boards dry erase marker does not wipe off quite as easily.)

So I've decided that it might not all get done every day or possibly any day. (not like it always got done every day before but at least I knew it was possible some days.)

I'm trying to enjoy the little moments that seem to come and go so fast.  Jensen is already getting so big. I looked at him this morning and realized that the newborn-ness in him is fading all too quickly.  And knowing that this is probably our last that is a tad bit heartbreaking.  Not that I think I could ever do 6, I couldn't, which it why this is the last, but it's still sad to think I won't experience this again.  At least not exactly like this.

So even though this is what a morning shower sometimes looks like...




I am trying hard to live in the moment and enjoy what I have right now, (even  if that includes piles of laundry and sinks full of dirty dishes) heaven knows I will soon be looking back and missing these crazy chaotic days.

1 comment:

Janalee said...

Oh denise - I remember that, when I had my 5th, that's when I felt everything went to pot. I was like, what have I done?? the 6th didn't seem to be worse though, strangely.