- Seth.
- My Children. All 5 of them. Even the 2 that are keeping me up all night.
- Press 'n Seal. I hate saran wrap, press n seal makes my life just that much easier.
- My new couch that's coming today.
- Craig's List and the crazy lady that paid me money to come and take away my old nasty couch that I couldn't even stand to look at anymore.
- The opportunity to teach a mission prep class last night with Seth.
- The amazing youth that came to that class and are getting ready to go out and serve.
- Diet Caffeine-Free Coke
- Tax Returns
- my iPhone
Monday, February 25, 2013
Gratitude and Mondays
Mondays need to be my gratitude day. When I was young and single I never really minded Mondays, just another day in the week and since I could go out and socialize on a Monday night (or any other night for that matter) what was the difference? As of late I have found Mondays to be hard. And I blame it all on Seth. He's just too darn helpful over the weekend. He makes everything way too easy (or easier at least.) I wake up Monday morning and I miss him. I roll my eyes at my children and there's no one there to reciprocate my frustrations and turn it into humor. We really are quite funny, at least we think we are. Anyway, I'm not here to sulk. I was just having a rough morning after a short not so restful night, I went in my room to say my prayers (which I should have done before I ever left my room) and as I knelt down I felt so incredibly ungrateful. My little pity party was over. They usually don't last long but I always feel bad for even being sad or frustrated, I have so much. So here's today's gratitude list:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know how you feel. Mondays are hard because everyone "leaves" me. I love having the kids home and Alan home too. So whenever everyone goes back to work and school, well...Mondays are no fun. But thats a great idea to count your blessings, because it's true, there is so much to grateful for! :) Good luck! Hope your Monday tomorrow is awesome!
Post a Comment