Monday, August 22, 2011

Too Far...


McKay and My Dad 2008


My parents have left me. They are now far far away. The more weeks that pass the more real it becomes. They have lived just down the road (1.5 hrs) in Tucson for almost 6 years and I have become accustomed to having them close by. We live near the temple and they were right by my brother and sister so there was always a reason to get together.






My dad got a job up in Washington and I was so excited for him to be close to my other two sisters (and to have a job) that I really didn't even think twice about them leaving us. Until they were gone and now I (selfishly) wish they were still here.






Washington is a very long drive. 1200 miles. 21+ hours in the car or 5 plane tickets! Needless to say we won't be visiting real often. I'm hoping we'll be able to get up there next summer. NEXT SUMMER? That is so far away. I think we need to get a computer camera thingy so we can skype. My kids need to see Nana and Papa more often than that.






Anyway, mom and dad, you are missed. By me and by my children. (and by Seth I'm sure!)







3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh man. I'm so sorry. Having parents close is a blessing.

Anonymous said...

I definitely miss Craig and Laura. My kids would get so excited to hear that Nana and Papa were coming up to go to the temple and staying with us for the night.

The one handyman that I could always rely on is 1,200 miles away now. My dad and I are worthless when it comes to handyman stuff and Craig is a true Jack of all trades. We're so happy that they found work and can be closer to Denise's sisters, but we will miss them a lot!

Seth

paula said...

The camera thingy is cheaper then 5 plane tickets. It is funny you should say that cuz I am on the other end of that, watching my kids move away. Don't really like that either, but I have to let them go.