Monday, August 29, 2011

3 Bullet Day

It's a "Bullet Point" day.



  • We went to our very first NFL game this weekend. Pre-season, because who can afford a regular season game. And regular season games are almost always on Sunday, except when they are on Monday and then the tickets are even more expensive and harder to come by. It was so much fun. Total nose-bleed seats ($12) but it didn't matter. Check it off my "bucket-list." (at some point I should actually make a "bucket-list" except I don't like that name for it, a to-do before I die list? No that's even worse. I'll have to brainstorm on that.)



  • My best friend is moving today. Not far just a few miles but out of our ward and out of our stake and definitely not "just up the street and around the corner." I was fine with it, dealing it with just great, until church yesterday when Luc said "can I go sit with Krystal?" which he says almost every week and it hit me that she won't be there anymore. Not just for Luc to sit with but for me to talk with and laugh with and understand my frustrations and all of those little things that make life just a tad bit easier. I will definitely miss her.



  • (Saving the best for last...) Luc is constipated. Chronically. And I know what causes it and yet I have not learned. He LOVES cheese. Which I can completely understand. I mean really, what's not to love. He also LOVES chocolate milk. And again, understandable, right? He does not on the other hand love fruits and veggies. So you can see where this may lead. And it does. Except, for him, instead of manifesting itself by him sitting on the toilet not being able to go, he pukes. It gets so bad that he can't keep anything down and he just ends up puking all day until I can get enough apple juice in him to "loosen" him up and then we're all good. (how many of you are still reading? you are officially counted as good friends!) It happens about once a month. So this begs the question: why don't I change my ways with him? Why don't I force some fruits on him and limit his cheese intake? I DON'T KNOW! I do for a week or so and then everything is ok so I gradually fall back into the all dairy no fruits and veggies routine until we end up with Pukey Luc-ee again. Ugh. I am learning. Slowly but surely. Admitting my problem is the first step right? We'll see how well I do this time.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Okay, here's my suggestions:
1. Flax seed. Add it to a smoothie for Luc. You can even hide spinach in a smoothie really well. 1/2 banana, ice, milk, chocolate protein powder, peanut butter, flax seed. My kids gobble it down.
2. For a snack: frosted mini-wheats.
3. Lots of water

Have fun with that. :)

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

Have you tried miralax with Luc? We'll occasionally use it with our boys - works wonders!

paula said...

Whew, didn't know you were talking computer bullets, really Denise, the day is not that bad. And who were the bullets for? Hmmmm. Just intimidation, I get it.

Kidding, I'm with Amy, Flax. Sprinkle a little on the cereal when they are not looking, don't think it will work well on cheese. Apples go well with cheese, gram crackers with milk. Hate to say it, but oreos are an effective laxative too.