Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Learning Patience

I'm wondering if I will ever master this one. I've learned not to pray for patience but to pray that I can "show patience." I don't need any more lessons in patience I just need to figure out how not to blow a gasket when my 7 year takes a spoonful of Nutella into the living room and actually sets the spoon down on the carpet. What about the rule "no food in the living room" is difficult to understand. So not yelling at her was my big accomplishment. I did go on a 5 minute rant about rules and why we have them and what we should be doing differently to ensure that they are followed. But I didn't raise my voice. I'm sure she quit listening after 30 seconds but it felt good to get it out. Next time maybe I will actually sit down and talk with her instead of at her.

Right now I have loads and loads of patience. It's 11:30 and I am enjoying my quiet time at home with just one napping baby. Ahhhh. It feels good. And I love that I am happy and ready to see my kids when they come home. Oh and I've started cooking dinner again. But not tonight because it's supposed to be 116 today and I refuse to even use the microwave in this weather.

2 comments:

Janalee said...

They will NEVER learn the no eating in the LR rule. is my thought.

glenna said...

thanks for reminding me to pray to show patience because as we get closer to having #3 I do and will need this more in my life!