Wednesday, November 3, 2010

You Know What Sounds Really Good?

At 15 weeks I am starting to transition from wanting to nothing to do with food to craving things and needing them as soon as possible. I'm not a crazy-craver. I don't crave pickles and ice cream or anything. But I think it's been funny to compare my cravings from one child/pregnancy to the next.

With McKay it was tomatoes. Fresh tomatoes with salt. We were in Las Vegas when I was about 12 weeks along and went to In-n-Out. I ordered a side of tomatoes with my burger and just at the tomatoes. After that I always had tomatoes in the fridge.



With Kimball it was a slightly less healthy addiction. McDonalds' cheeseburgers. No onion. And I could hardly drive by a McDonalds without stopping in for one, or two. Ironically, or coincidentally, Kimball loves hamburgers but not McDonalds.


Luc brought on the good ol' chocolote cravings. And I have never been a chocolate fanatic. I grabbed a snickers pretty much every time I checked out, anywhere. Luc eats chocolate every chance he gets. He can't get enough of it.

This one is a mixture of sweet and salty/spicy. It started with PowerBars and they still sound good but they're super expensive (usually) and I'm cheap. My salty satisfaction comes from nachos. Like the kind you get at the movies or sporting events. With jalapenos. Lots of jalapenos. Mmmmm. I'm drooling on my keyboard.



Do you have pregnancy cravings? Or non-pregnancy related cravings for that matter? Please share. I'd love to get some good ideas for new things to try.

6 comments:

Garretts said...

Mine has always been junk food. With both pregnancies I crave stuff that I don't usually eat. With Christopher it was mainly french fries, onion rings, burgers... With Drew it was McDonald's. I just couldn't get enough of it. I'm so glad I'm over those cravings now. Just the thought makes me want to cringe.
Hang in there, the wierd cravings do go away!!!

Bianca said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! With Madison it was anything cold and crunchy. Mostly Sonic Cherry Lime-ades and fridge cold apples. James was anything fast and fried.

The Lewis's said...

With Hunter I always wanted cold, fruity smoothies. The cravings hit during the middle of summer with no air condition for a month or two. I think that may have been the cause. That was also the very last time I ate salmon. I probably never will again for as long as I live.

The Lewis's said...

Haha, just read Juliana's. I remember being there for those McDonald's runs!

Anonymous said...

salads. weird huh? but usually ones with taco meat and salsa! then the heartburn would come.......

paula said...

Denise I saw your cute quilt over at your sis in law site. Super cute, I love it. And congrats on the prego, it is time for a new addition. I craved a different fruit with each of my kids. Watermelon, cherries, st. berries and ? I also loved sprite while I was prego with Jordon and i normally hate soda, so that one was really weird.