Monday, November 22, 2010

A Day at the Beach!

Friday we spent hangin' out at the beach. Thanks to our awesome friends the Gilberts we had amazing accommodations. The house is absolutely gorgeous and perfect for families with a little beach for the kids to play on and big windows for parents to watch them from inside (or a hot tub depending on your mood.)

It was chilly but sunny and the kids had a blast. McKay was soaked from head to toe after losing a game of "run from the waves." She didn't care in the least. Luc took a little while to warm up to the idea of all that water but he loved chasing waves as long as daddy was holding him. They also built a nice little sand castle. Still no pictures because my computer is not working and Seth's laptop won't read my card reader. I think I may have to just go make a disc at Costco.

Kimball was quick to let me know that she thinks it would be "way fun to live at the beach." By the end of the weekend after telling her multiple times that we aren't moving to the beach anytime soon she was willing to settle for "staying here until next Christmas." Me too Kimball, me too.

While playing in the sand with Kilian and the other kids McKay had a little accident. They were playing tug-a-war with a rope that conveniently had a brick tied in the middle of it...? Jenna and I stood back watching and commenting that this probably wasn't a good idea but... oops too late. McKay ended up landing face first on the brick. She was such a sport. She cried for about 2 minutes and then was almost proud of her latest battle wound. She kept asking to look in a mirror and I'd change the subject. About 10 minutes later she walked by me and said "you were right I shouldn't have looked!"

Seth and Chad ventured out in the kayaks. It was crazy cold. I personally never even touched the water. I could feel how cold it was without getting wet, thank you very much.

That night we went out to eat with 5 tired, hungry kids and waited almost an hour for our table. Enough said. Next time we go to the beach with our friends I will seriously consider leaving my kids with grandma.


PS. Totally off subject but I did finish that quilt I wrote about a while ago. Check it out over here -MilkandHoneyDesigns- on my sister-in-law's blog

No comments: