Monday, October 11, 2010

When Life Gives You Limes...

It's been a busy few weeks. Don't worry I won't bore you with all of it. Just some of it.


Kimball turned 5! My (sometimes) sweet and (always) cute little spitfire is growing up too quickly. She is so independent. She's working on teaching her big sister to be a little bit more so. She had a very fun and tasty cupcake themed birthday party. Once I get those pictures loaded I'll share. I got a little ambitious and made cute little aprons as party favors. They were adorable (slightly amateurish in quality but they were 5 year olds so I doubt they cared.)



I also started and am working on finishing a baby quilt. My first quilt in many years. I'm using a pattern from my sister-in-law's book. It's been fairly easy and it's going to be super cute. I'm trying to document it's progress for a future post... promises, promises I know.


We had a really nasty storm here in Phoenix last week. Well as nasty as they get here. It still only lasted a couple hours and even less than that at our house. It did quite a bit of serious/expensive damage in the valley. Ours was not so expensive nor serious but it did break my heart. I came home to find this:


My precious lemon tree snapped right in half. I cried. Is that pitiful? I don't care. I was so sad. It still tears at my heart just a little bit when I look at it. We probably lost 100 or so not-quite-ripe lemons.


When we first moved in I swore that it was a lime tree (probably because I LOVE limes and so I saw all these beautiful green little lemons and I assumed they were limes.) I even squeezed them and made "limeade." Until about a month later when all of the sudden they started turning yellow and a little more oblong. I still thought they were limes, I just thought they were going bad. Then our neighbor asked if we were going to give her any of our lemons this year and we were like "lemons?" And Seth and I looked at each other and were like "Ohhhh Lemons!"

It was funnier in real life. And now it just seems sad. I guess we'll have to plant a lime tree now.

Here's a quote/story to lighten the mood.

While grocery shopping last week Kimball asked me if we could get some SpaghettiOs. I haven't bought them in a really long time, I think she must have seen a commercial or something because I'm not sure if she's ever had them. We bought a few cans and she talked all morning about how she was going to have SpaghettiOs for lunch. I was happy to whip up an easy lunch for my little gourmet who normally passes on all things quick and easy. I served it up and she took 2 bites before bringing me her bowl and saying "hey mom, did you know that SpaghettiOs taste like throw-up?" Needless to say, we haven't had spaghettiOs since.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Can't say I like spaghettios myself. But I am sad for you about the lime-ish lemon tree. We will cheer you up in a month in the "Happiest Place on Earth"!

Amy said...

How awesome to have a lemon tree. I guess you'll get to plant a new one and enjoy it's growth :) Do I smell Disneyland in your future? Are you still sick? I did that once. I hope you are feeling better before you go.

p.s. check your facebook invites.

Sarah said...

I laughed out loud when I read that. I have said for a very long time that spaghettiOs taste like throw-up smells.