Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer 3 weeks later!

Ok so it hasn't been quite as bad as I thought it would be. I am learning to be a better mom. It's easy to be calm and patient while they are in school and preschool but when they are home all day it takes a bit more effort on my part. We've been swimming a lot and watching way too much tv but I refuse to beat myself up over that.

McKay turned 6 a couple weeks ago. SIX! My baby is not so much a baby. She is such a sweet girl. She loves making people happy and most of the time goes out of her way to help her brother and sister. (Luc she spoils, if he wants what she has she gives it to him. All my efforts to curtail his fit throwing are being underminded by his big sister.) She hates being alone. And by alone I mean like 15 feet away from us by herself. It's like pulling teeth to get her to go get something out of the other room without Kimball or Luc going with her. She is so much like her Aunt Dani was.

I'm rambling. It's what I'm best at I guess.

Seth and I got new callings. I cried. Not because I'm not excited about the new one but because I LOVE my current... er previous calling. I was in the RS presidency and love the ladies I was working with. Not only do I not get to work with them now but they all get to stay together. I kind of felt like throwing myself on the ground kicking and screaming "it's not fair!" (don't worry I didn't). Seth is the new Ward Mission Leader and I am a ward missionary. It will be fun to work with him in a calling. We are supposed to go on visits together once a week. Now to find a weekly babysitter who doesn't mind doing it merely for the blessings.

What else? I'm sure there is more but Luc is at my side crying that he wants "cochett mook." (chocolate milk) So off I go and if you're nice I may post some pictures later.

1 comment:

paula said...

Thanks for the update, I miss hearing about your little clan. Growing up too fast, I'm sure. I'm in the RS pres too and I too really like it. It always worries me to be released, because you never know what comes next. Yikes!