I'm starting to feel my age. Or maybe just feel like my age is older than I consider it. I try to hang with a young crowd. I married a younger man. I got married a bit older than the average Mormon girl so I tend to think of myself as younger than I really am. 2 events in the past few weeks have caused me to think "am I really THAT old?"
Event no. 1. I got an invitation to a bridal shower and thought "hmmm that was nice of her to invite me, I wonder what made her think of me?" At which point I had an astonishing realization... I am her mom's friend! I am one of the "ladies" that was on the "mother's list." Wow, am I really that old?
Event no. 2. I was called to be the first counselor in the Relief Society. What? I haven't even finished my Personal Progress yet. How can I even be in RS let alone in the presidency?
I guess I am in need of a good dose of reality. So here goes, for those of you who don't know, HOW OLD AM I? (and don't be nice, give me your best most honestest guess)
15 comments:
I thought I wasn't old enough to be in the RS presidency back at Ricks and how many years ago was that...too many although it seems like yesterday! Good Luck you will do great!!!
I just remember being shocked to hear it, very close to my age, if not my age if I remember correctly.
I agree with Jana -- you're her age. I remember talking about it at book club one night.
I think that R.S. NEEDS you. They need your sense of humor. I think you'll bring a nice little punch of color to that ward! I don't know your ward or anything, but I do know that you have a way to bring out the funny and the best in others! :)
I know. . . I know. . . hard to forget after the jokes from your wedding dinner about the age difference between you & Seth!
Maybe 22?
Tell me about it. I feel and act like I'm 80 already. I went to bed last night at 7:30pm. The pregnancy is not helping. But that's only two hours earlier than when I normally go to sleep.
Saaaaaaad.
Here's the good things about you though:
1. You don't look your age.
2. You don't act your age (this is a good thing)
Oh yeah and...
3. You dress young and fresh!
Your a year older than me! Not sure if you remember me from the palm desert days. I have been reading your blog for a while now just thougt I would say hi...and that was funny i know what you mean. In case you need a refresher jodiandmat.blogspot.com for more pictures.
i think they called some rather young ladies for the RS pres. that is what roneal and i agreed on this last sunday....
9 comments and no one dares actually write down a number?
That's funny.
I'd guess 29, just a wee bit older than my glorious 28 years. See, now that wasn't so painful, was it?
haha I know how old you were back in Riverbend (only because you told me, and yes I was shocked because I thought you were my age!)...haha don't ask me to do the math, I'm bad at that! but I say you're a lovely 27 with me :)
You're my brother's age--32
Leave it to a guy to out me like that! Thanks Roman! But he is right I am almost 33! Does that mean I'm in my mid 30's? I think I'll go with early 30's for one more year. And I'm happy to say that before the end of the year Seth will finally be joining me in the 30's category.
Thanks for all your kind comments, I needed it.
I thought you were guaranteed to be in the RS presidency once you turned 40!?
I agree with whoever else posted this - your ward's RS needs you! You'll be the young hip person to balance out the... other not-so-young-members of the presidency! I'm sure you'll do an awesome job anyway. :)
Oh - and I would have guessed late 20's. You are SO not even acting 30 yet.
Post a Comment