Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bargain Basement

I am so cheap. I never pay full price for clothes. I used to be so embarrassed by my mom and her cheap ways, now I get it. She had 5 kids, she had to be cheap. So I was at Target a week or so ago and they had their kid's t-shirts on sale for 2.96 or something like that, but I knew that sooner or later they would be even less so I passed. Well what usually happens is I don't make it back until they're all gone (which means I save even more money because I don't spend any at all!) Well I went to Walmart today (the cheap-erton's haven) and found shirts for $1!!! I know it's Walmart, which means they won't last all that long and I'm supporting that evil big box industry but hey they were a dollar!!! Plus, they're guaranteed to last longer than my kids can keep them stain-free.

7 comments:

Breanne said...

Nice steal! ... (Your girls did steal them right?)

;)

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

Hey, I'm all about a great closeout! I think my favorite has been at Childrens Place at the end of last July - they had all their summer stuff between $0.49 and $1.50 - B is totally set for this summer thanks to their big sale!

Bianca said...

I know what you mean. I rarely buy James clothes anymore. I wait until the Granmothers/fathers come into town. That is how cheap I am. Then all I say is "oh, he doesn't have any summer clothes so we just haul him around in his diaper only" or "well we ran out of diapers and I've been using the cloth ones". ok. it's a little exaggerated but you get my drift. cheap, cheap, cheap.

Janalee said...

Plus you can justify the evil Walmart deals by figuring they aren't making any money off of you.

Melquiades said...

1. No pienso que WalMart sea tan mala, ademas estas ahorrando que no? Desde cuando es malo ahorrar?
2. I actually enjoy Walmart because in addition to the low prices I also get a 10% discount on Milk, produce and all merchandise (one of the few good things I got in the divorce, I still get my ex's discount-she works for Walmart BTW)and yes that was negotiated. She of course still gets to use my health insurance and free tuition at the college.
3. A few weeks back I was at the Gap and all their kids stuff was on clearance. Many for $1-$2. The most I paid was $7.50 for a sweatshirt so I too am also set for the summer. I spent about $50 and my 3 kids each now have 10 shirts and a sweatshirt for when they visit on the weekends. Not too bad.

Leah said...

I think cheapness runs in the family I hate paying full price. Your blog is super cute. This is your cousin Leah by the way. Love ya!

Kim said...

Denise - I love a good bargain too. Right now we are so cheap that I have avoided shopping for clothes for Henry altogether - and I'll tell you, his wardrobe is getting pretty small. Looks like I might have to patronize Walmart, too :)