Monday, April 22, 2013

Anti-Dentite

I have dental anxiety.  Seriously.  I mostly blame it on the first dentist I took McKay to (4 years ago).  She was a bully.  Or her assistant/hygienist lady was a bully.  I left feeling like the world's worst mom and wondering how in the world we would ever be able to afford the $3800 treatment plan they had "suggested".  Strongly suggested.  They refused to work with me on other options.. these were baby teeth after all and would eventually fall out.  Anyway, it was a debacle   We went to a second dentist, who ended up doing about $600 worth of work and assured me that it wasn't all my fault.  

McKay has ridiculously weak teeth.  We brush.  We try to floss on a regular basis and her teeth are just a mess.  I hate taking her in.  Every time I leave there I swear I'm going to make Seth take her the next time but it never happens.  

She had 2 teeth pulled today.  Poor thing.  I promise (once again) to be vigilant with her dental hygiene.  

At least we got a fake mustache out of it.  That almost makes it all worth it.    


2 comments:

paula said...

Hi Denise. I have had the same problem with my own teeth and with Jordon. They would make me feel like it was all my fault; guilt is a terrible thing. I finally had a hygenist tell me it was not my fault, teeth are what they are. It was not that I had not drank enough milk when I was pregnant or that I did not floss his teeth regularly. Some teeth are not as strong as others. And I hate when they try to push some proceedure on you. He had an absessed tooth in front, dr told me to have both pulled so they would come in together. Didn't happen, one did the other didn't for a long time. We did, however, put braces with an expander in the top of his mouth for one year when he was 8. Originally I thought, 8 and getting braces, but it saved us a bundled. It made enough room in his mouth and now he does not need braces. Hang in there. You are an awesome mom, don't let them bully you. Sorry so long. This just bugs me!

Amy said...

Bad dental experiences can leave a bad taste in your mouth for a long time. I'm so sorry about McKay's teeth, but I'm not sorry about her facial hair! Those staches are awesome!