May has been so busy. I don't remember it being this way in the past but I'm told that the more kids you have in school the busier May gets. But it's almost over. And then we just have to endure the hellish heat for a month before we get to head up to the beautiful northwest for a few weeks.
I am excited/dreading the summer. I always have mixed feelings about summer break. I am excited to not worry about the morning routine and homework and strict bedtimes and all that. But my kids tend to get bored and tired of each other and I get tend to get tired of trying to entertain them. We are doing swim lessons and we have our trip in July but I need to get in gear and try to figure out some more of a schedule for the rest of the time.
And that brings us to my question (I am hoping there are people out there who actually still read my blog) so What are your favorite summer time activities? How do you keep your kids busy and entertained without spending a ton of money and/or dying from the desert heat?
Ready, GO!
3 comments:
We go to the local farms, like wheeler farm in SLC. Some farms have the produce you can pick yourself, those are always fun with the kids. Also, do little hikes and go to the fountains, something the kids can do without mom. :) also, the library has programs for kiddos too...try that to beat the heat and cost! :) good luck!
Several summers when my kids were all small, I planned each day to be something. So, for example, Monday is cooking day and we made a treat each week that they selected.
Tuesday is craft day and we would do a different craft each week.
Wednesday was go somewhere day and we went to the library, youth museum, rock and mineral museum, mesa history museum, city pool, etc...
Thursday was movie day and we would either go to a cheap morning movie or rent like netfliks or on demand and make popcorn.
Friday was free day.
I have to say it sounds like alot, but really was not that hard and it didn't take all day or even all morning, but it gave them something to look forward to. I never was great at reading time, though we did have quiet time after lunch (more for me:) I also tried to limit video game time. They could earn more time by doing extra chores.
I also would clean out bedrooms with each kid one day during the summer, go thru those old cloths and toys and send them packings.
Hello. This article was really remarkable, particularly because I was searching for thoughts on this
issue last week.iphone development india
Post a Comment