Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Today's Goal

I think it's just crazy how I can feel both completely overwhelmed and immensely blessed all at the same time.  There are moments in my day when I just think "oh crap, I don't know if I can do this anymore."  I just want to give up.  


It's usually after having cleaned all day and feeling like I'd accomplished something then I go take a shower or go to the bathroom and come back and see that every room that I had spent hours cleaning has been completely destroyed in a matter of minutes.  Or after "slaving" over a meal, spending 20 minutes at the dinner table fighting kids to eat even just a few bites.  Those are the moments when I just feel like I want to give in.  Give up.  Scream.  


In the middle of it all I wish I had the presence of mind to just step back from it all and focus on what I have.  Because there are also sweet moments in every day when I am acutely aware of the abundance of blessings that I have.  I have such a good life.  I have everything I need and so much more.  


My goal today (just today, let's not be overly ambitious here) is to try to remember those blessings when I am ready to give up.  I love my life.  That should be my go to thought "I LOVE MY LIFE."  


I'll let you know how that works out for me.  

No comments: