Monday, April 23, 2012

My Little Monster

Looks can be deceiving!


At first glance you may think this is just an innocent little baby, incapable of wreaking havoc on the world around him, but you'd be wrong.  Very, Very wrong.

He is by far my busiest baby.  Either that or I am getting older and I just don't keep up as well but I'm not that old and I prefer to place the blame fully on his tiny little mischievous shoulders.

Luc had a doctor's appointment today and naively I thought taking Nash would be just fine.  In fact I didn't even question it.  He's a baby.  I always tote my babies around with me.  An hour in the doctor's office felt like an eternity and I was exhausted when we left.

He was running (seriously running) around the waiting room, laughing and throwing magazines off chairs as he whizzed by.  Then I sat him down in a little chair with a book thinking that he would possibly stay still for 30 seconds.  Luc asked for my ipod so I took 10 seconds to look in my purse and when I turn back he's standing on the chair doing squats, that's how he dances.  I grabbed him before the mother sitting next to us had a heart attack.  He then grabs Luc's shirt and tries to pull him off the chair, Luc thinks Nash is hilarious (for the time being) so he starts laughing which makes Nash keep going.  All of this seems to go on and on in cycles, first he's laughing, then running around then throwing magazines on the ground, crawling under the occupied chairs where I have no way of reaching him.  Crazy!

Half the people in the waiting room were laughing and half of them were looking at me like "why can't this lady control her child?"

It continued in the exam room but I won't bore you with all the details.  He has so much energy.  And he is so incredibly curious.  

I need a nap.  Every single day, I need a nap but how can I take a nap with a little monster running around.  Oh and he takes naps just long enough for me to clean up his last mess.  

It's a dang good thing he's so flippin' cute!  



1 comment:

Breanne said...

This is JUST how I feel about Dyllan. I did the same thing last week when I took Dyllan to Taya's dr.'s appt. & regretted it b/c she was EVERYWHERE & into EVERYTHING! And really, I remember Taya being SO SO busy like this too, and into everything - where strangers are always saying 'She's busy!'. We've got BUSY kids!! I've joked several times that I am in big trouble if I ever have a boy - and that boy turns out to be even busier than my girls. YIKES!!

And btw, I want to meet this cute, busy little monster of yours!!!