There are certain things in my life that I have come to terms with and accepted as reality, just a part of life, no big deal (nbd if you're "cool").
For instance, I know I will never again be a size 6. Not because it's impossible but because I am just fine being an 8/10, I don't love exercising and I do love food. So that's that. And it's ok. nbd
For every one of those there are 5 more that I am not ok with and either need to come to terms with or change.
Here is my current "issue":
1. Laundry. I just don't like it. I don't like doing it, I don't like thinking about it, I don't like seeing it. It's my enemy in this house. It's never ending and no matter how I try it just never gets any better. I spend 2 days getting it all done and put away and within 24 hours it's back, staring at me, taunting me.
Five minutes ago I changed Nash's diaper, stood up and said "I am going to go finish folding that laundry" and then promptly walked to the computer and pulled up the blog. I would rather do most anything than laundry yet I hate that it's not done just as much. To quote a favorite movie (name it if you can)
William: [Spike wearing Will's wetsuit] Can I ask you why you are wearing that?
Spike: Combination of factors. No clean clothes.
William: There never will be unless you actually *clean* your clothes.
Spike: Vicious circle.
I agree, vicious, vicious circle!
3 comments:
Today was laundry day at my house. Laundry never really bothered me until today, when I realized I've done 7 loads and still am not done. AHHH, how I hate not getting it over with. My solution for laundry piles: stuff the washer in as much as possible - maybe even impossible, and then run the drier twice if needed. For some reason that make me think I did less loads, and it helps ease my mind.
Oh and on the Pinterest subject. I'm totally addicted. I have to limit myself to just once a week, because once I get on it. I can't get off. I absolutely love it. How did we live without it before?!
Juliana
So, I had this roommate once who did her laundry once a month. You should've seen her underwear pile.:) Miss that girl.
I love Notting Hill! And I agree with everything you just said- sizes included. Maybe I should just copy and paste your post into my blog? Copyright issues- eh, nbd right?
Post a Comment