Saturday, September 11, 2010

Better Blogging 101

Here I go again. This is "being a better blogger" attempt number 36. I have so many really good excuses, want to hear them? Okay. Busy, tired, writers' block, broken/slow/old computer, company, trip to the mountains, back to school, a cold, been husband-less too often, a foreign exchange student. Pretty good excuses, huh? Looking at that list though it could also double as a list of topics for blog posts so maybe I should quit making excuses and start "journaling" my life again. No promises on frequency just an added effort to be better.

School started and for the most part it's going very well. McKay loves first grade and Kimball has started to relish in her role as oldest/leader of her little preschool group. I should be enjoying the one-0n-one time I get with Luc (or spending it working on potty training) but it seems like those couple hours just go so fast and I barely even notice that it's just been the two of us. Something I need to work on.

Kilian (our newest addition/foreign exchange student) has been here for about a month. He is a really good kid. He helps out around the house and is constantly asking what he can do to help. It's a little weird for me because I'm so used to my routine but it's been good. The kids love teasing him and he is getting used to being around little ones. I am getting used to having a teenager around. Did you know that teenagers know everything? Well they do. Just ask them. We have had a lot of fun little "cultural moments" with him but my favorite was a couple nights ago when I was not in the mood to have a sit-down dinner and so we all just kind of filled up our plates and sat down in front of the tv. Seth grabbed a tv tray/table for Kil and set it in front of him. His jaw literally dropped. He watched as seth opened it up and stood it in front of him. With pure amazement in his voice he declared "we don't have anything like this in Germany!" Lazy American culture has its perks.

Seth has been traveling a lot. I'm not complaining. He has a good job and his bosses value him. Every time he leaves I just try to remind myself that he's racking up the frequent flier miles and someday he'll take me someplace fabulous! Plus, did you know that if your hubby is gone you can feed your kids cereal or oatmeal for dinner every night. Perk.

1 comment:

Breanne said...

I related to so many of those blogging excuses too ...
Your ending about the dinners cracked me up.

btw, yep, your friend can call me about the social work - I'm not the most experienced, but happy to help :)