Monday, March 29, 2010

Costco

Seth requested that I cut and paste this email that I just sent him. He says it's funny. I'm not quite there yet.

I went to Costco fully prepared for whatever might happen. I promised the kids pizza if they would be good and they readily agreed. We made it all the way through the whole store without any major break downs or tantrums. Then we got in line... Luc was sitting in the basket with both girls, they were all sitting on the box of diapers. I see some lady pick something up and give it back to Luc. I quickly (but not quickly enough) realize that Luc has a golf ball, how he got it I have no idea, before I can get it from him he chucks it (at this point they are right behind the checker who is scanning my stuff) the ball goes flying and bounces about 10 times before the assistant checker guy can get to it... luckily it didnt' hit anyone. So I take it from him, put it in my purse and calmly tell Luc to sit down for the 15th time in 10 minutes. I'm not exactly sure what happened next but all of a sudden Luc is screaming bloody murder and holding his mouth. So I try to get over to him but have to wiggle through about 10 people and their carts to get there. By the time I get to him his mouth and hand are full of blood and he's hysterical. I grab him and calmly try to get back over to where the cashier is waiting for me to pay and at the same time try to avoid getting blood on my white shirt. I go to pay and can't find my wallet. The lady checking out behind me quietly reaches down grabs my wallet off the ground and hands it to me. Meanwhile the girls are upset because they want to see if Luc is ok (and I just want to be at home curled up in a ball on my bed.) Another Costco employee has gone and got ice and a wet paper towel and sweet little Luc is letting her hold it to his mouth. By the time I get my receipt Luc's diaper has leaked through onto my shirt and I'm ready to just book it out of there but I promised pizza so off we go covered in blood and pee to have a nice little lunch with my kids.

Oh the joy. I think we should have another one. Oh and I think I want to home school them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what happened to lucs mouth??? yea costco is always adventurous.

Jenna said...

I agree with Seth, when I got the e-mail I laughed me head off. Come on Denise, why wouldn't you think this was funny? ;)

Amy said...

These are the days of our lives. Wish I had been there with you.

Erin said...

I think stories like this are funny weeks later when they happen to me. At the moment, I do all that I can to keep my emotions under control.

Sarah said...

That reminds me of the time Jake threw up his chicken bake all over the floor in Costco. At the time I kept thinking, "Wow I've never seen employees of any store clean up anything that fast." My youngest is 5, and I still dread taking all my kids to Costco.

Hall Family said...

I'm wondering what happened to his mouth too! I thought for sure you were going to say that the costco employees were going to make you pay for that golf ball!!! haha