I have NO time for this but I need a break so I will do this quickly and get back to the packing.
McKay starts kindergarten in 4 weeks. I haven't thought of it much except to notice the sales on school supplies and pick up the items I could remember off the top of my head. (Snagged a really cute backpack for 3.99!!!)
So as I was washing dishes just now (yes by hand and hopefully for one of the last times!) and I was thinking, should I be preparing her more for this? Are there things I need to be telling her? Good moms do things like that. Read books about starting school and stuff. I never think of things like that.
So warn me, advise me, prepare me. Bring it on ladies (and gents if you're reading.)
3 comments:
I believe that typically mom's do all those stunts with the first child, but the next kids are thrown in willy nilly. that's been my experience. maybe a little pep talk and explanation the night before? But I'm kind of on the opposite extreme of most moms.
Father's blessing.
I agree with Amy, we always give blessings the night before school starts. One year Jordon was upset cuz he wasn't going to school yet but wanted a blessing, it was cute.
I also agree with Jana, no real prep necessary except about a week before I started talking about how great school is and how much fun it will be and all the neat things they will get to do.
We also always take first day of school pictures before they leave, out in the yard and I try to get a picture of them walking thru the door at the end of the first day exhausted. I don't get to do that anymore cuz I'm still at work, but I have some great pictures of the older boys.
Post a Comment