Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summer "Break"

Apparently I took the summer off from blogging.  It wasn't planned and I feel like I have missed some really important events but it happens.  I have ample reasons/excuses but none that need to be posted for all to see.  So let's just say it was my summer hiatus and be done with it.

Now there are just 2 weeks left until summer break is over and the kiddos head back to school.  I wish I was one of those mothers that says "oh I am SO sad it's ending, I miss my kids when they go back, I want more time with them!"  But I'm not.  Don't get me wrong I LOVE my kids and I enjoy having them around, would I keep having more if I didn't?  But we have a small house and a limited budget for entertainment so I am ready to be excited for them to get off the bus each day.  I am ready for my house to stay clean for more than 2 minutes and I am ready for them to not be at each other's throats all day.  It is time for a little daily separation.

Nash may not be ready for this.  I'm not sure how he is going to react to an empty house most of the day.  He loves being around people.  He absolutely adores McKay and makes her carry him around for endless hours each day until she is begging me to take him, but he doesn't want me so she of course gives into him and totes him around a bit more.  I may be in for a rude awaking when it's just me and him, although shopping with just one sounds absolutely delightful.

So what to do for the next 2 weeks to keep us entertained (and sane)?  I have run out of ideas.

No comments: