Monday, February 13, 2012

Sweet Little Blessings

Thursday of last week was just one of those days.  I don't even really remember what made it that way.  Lots of little things.  I feel like I should know exactly why I was feeling the way I was feeling but I can't really remember.  I just know that when Seth got home I was DONE!  I made pancakes for dinner because that's what Luc wanted for his birthday but didn't get the day before I'm guessing because that was one of those days too.  But nobody really wanted to eat the pancakes and I was feeling defeated.  Seth said "when do we get a date?"  I looked around at my messy house, my crazy kids, the uneaten meal and replied "probably never." 

I plopped myself down on the couch having no desire to even think about tackling bedtime.  Seth was playing a game on his iPhone and got a phone call, he grumped "ah Christian (his friend who was calling) you just messed up my game" then answered the phone.  I tried to figure out the conversation (because that's what I do, I am shamelessly nosey) but had no idea and couldn't have hoped for what was to come.

Christian was delivering the sweet little blessing that I needed so badly!  He had just been handed 2 tickets (13th row) to the Phoenix Suns game and he was stuck at work so by default (and some act of God I believe) we were the lucky couple!  Thanks to Christian, our exchange students (aka last minute babysitters) and sweet children who jumped in jammies and got ready for bed lickity split, we got to enjoy a perfect impromptu date!  And Nash got to attend his 3rd professional sporting event in his short little life.

No time for make-up or cute hair but it didn't matter!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Those little blessings are great, aren't they?!!!

Anonymous said...

It was definitely a tender mercy. We only caught the second half of the game, but that's all Nash could handle (our Nash, not Steve Nash). Thanks again Christian and exchange students!!!

- Seth