Friday, November 13, 2009

Right Now

Right now I'm sitting in the "office" listening to Luc watching High School Musical for the 3rd time today. He's playing with cars at the same time, I can't see him, I can just hear the little clank clank as he crashes them into each other and then says "OH!" Oh and he's naked by the way. He has a cold and along with his colds always comes a nasty diaper rash. So he's "airing" out. He slept naked last night and didn't even pee. What a good boy.

Kimball and McKay are playing house. Or doll house or something that McKay swears she doesn't want to play but I forced her to play with her little sister and last I heard she was telling Kimball that "all the children have to get flu shots now." She's always happiest when she's the boss. Kimball just loves to have someone play with her.

I'm sure there's a mess. Probably pee somewhere on the floor. And at one point there was a bucket of water being carried into the girls bedroom. I'm going to pay for this but I am really enjoying just sitting here listening to them entertain themselves. It doesn't happen very often or for very long so I'm relishing it.

Seth is on a flight home. He's been in Georgia for 3 days. I usually start missing him around the time he's supposed to be coming home on the first day but this time I was missing him about 10 minutes after he left and I haven't slept well since he's been gone so it will be nice to have him home. According to flight tracker he's flying over new mexico right now. Which means I should probably go see the damage that has been done during my little break. Plus, Luc is now crying at my feet and McKay says I promised her popcorn "hours ago."

I really do absolutely LOVE my life.

3 comments:

The Lewis's said...

those moments before you have to face the music really are the sweetest. ignorance is bliss. i hope it wasn't too bad.

paula said...

Enjoy them, mess and all. They grow up so fast. You're a wonderful mom:)

Erin said...

Sounds a lot like our house. Although I can't don't let them air out naked. I just can't handle the clean up. I do baking soda soaks and loads of desitin.